Force India owner Vijay Mallya has reminded feuding factions inside his Formula One team that, even if he sees no need to bang heads together, he pays the bills and calls the shots.
Force India face suspension from the Formula One Teams Association (FOTA) for breaking with the group by submitting an unconditional entry for next year's championship, Toyota's John Howett said Friday. 'I think that it is the intention of FOTA to suspend them,' Howett, vice-chairman of FOTA, told a news conference at the Turkish Grand Prix.
Abu Dhabi Grand Prix stewards dismissed a protest by the Haas Formula One team on Saturday and recognised Force India as a new constructor whose cars were eligible to compete in the championship.
International tennis star and Indian doubles champion Mahesh Bhupati and India's Davis Cupper Rohan Bopanna visited the Force India Formula One team in Monaco prior to the Monaco Grand Prix on Sunday.
French driver Esteban Ocon will race for Force Indianext season after agreeing a multi-year deal, the Silverstone-based Formula One team said in a statement at the Brazilian Grand Prix on Thursday. Ocon replaces experienced German Nico Hulkenberg, who is moving to Renault, alongside Mexican Sergio Perez at a team co-owned by Indian tycoon Vijay Mallya and currently fourth in the championship. The 20-year-old is contracted long-term to Mercedes, Force India's engine provider, and made his debut this year with the lowly Manor team as a mid-season replacement for Indonesian Rio Haryanto.
Force India's Sergio Perez refused to rule out a move to Ferrari on Thursday, even though he denied any contact with the Italian Formula One team and said the rumours about his future reflected his form.
Troubled business tycoon Vijay Mallya, on Sunday, asserted that his stepping down as chairman of the United Spirits Ltd will not affect his control in Formula One team, Sahara Force India.
Promising Frenchman Jules Bianchi will be Force India's reserve driver for this season while retaining his place as a member of Ferrari's young driver academy, the Formula One teams said on Friday.
Italian Giancarlo Fisichella and German Adrian Sutil will race for Force India again next season, the Formula One team has said. The pair had been confirmed for 2009 in October but a new technical deal between Force India and McLaren Mercedes led to speculation of a change with McLaren test driver Pedro de la Rosa testing for Force India last month.
Force India's first day of winter testing was marred by red flags and spins from both drivers raising questions about the car's stability.
They said creditors would be paid in full and all 405 jobs at the Silverstone-based team, that was co-owned by embattled Indian businessman Vijay Mallya and finished fourth last year, were safe.
Force India will take action against their German driver Adrian Sutil only if he is formally charged with assault, the Formula One team's owner Vijay Mallya said on Thursday.
Mexican Sergio Perez will race for Force India next season, the British-based Formula One team announced on Thursday.
Force India have extended their partnership with McLaren until the end of next year and appointed Andrew Green as technical director, the Formula One team said on Friday.
The Force India Formula One team vanished from television screens for the second day in a row at the Bahrain Grand Prix on Saturday, triggering speculation that they had been punished for pulling out of Friday practice.
Britain's Paul di Resta, the cousin of IndyCar champion Dario Franchitti, will test for Force India in Spain next week along with young American J R Hildebrand, the Formula One team said on Tuesday.
Force India have put on hold the new KERS system they had planned to introduce at this weekend's Spanish Grand Prix, team owner Vijay Mallya said on Tuesday. The optional kinetic energy recovery system offers drivers a power boost at the push of a button but only a handful of Formula One teams have used it so far this season.
If Formula One stands on the edge of the unknown, with new technologies and a very different engine to last year, then the start of pre-season testing on Tuesday should at least show what the future sounds like.
Indian Formula One team Sahara Force India will pay tribute to cricketing legend Sachin Tendulkar via a hashtag #masterblaster which has been placed on the nose of their racing cars at the upcoming Indian GP.
There has been speculation within Formula One that Lawrence Stroll, the billionaire father of Canadian driver Lance, is willing to invest in Force India as part of a move for his son from Williams.
Tail-enders Force India could be Formula One's surprise package this season with the help of McLaren and Mercedes, former driver David Coulthard said on Monday.
Force India co-owner Vijay Mallya reminded drivers Sergio Perez and Esteban Ocon that the team must take priority after a collision at the Azerbaijan Grand Prix wrecked hopes of a first win in Formula One.
Force India co-owner Vijay Mallya has steered his Formula One team through a decade of growth and is looking forward to another, although the 'India' moniker looks destined to be dropped.
Force India F1 team rule out name change this year
Italian Giancarlo Fisichella says he joined the Force India Formula One team because he likes a challenge. 'I had other options at the end of the last season. (But) this was the best.'
Force India will have a 50 million pound boost to help them move up the Formula One grid after a strong performance this year, the team's co-owner Vijay Mallya announced.
Mexican Sergio Perez will stay at Force India next year for a fourth straight season, the Silverstone-based Formula One team announced after Sunday's Malaysian Grand Prix.
Sahara India needs to pay back $5.3 billion, raised from millions of small investors through the sale of bonds ruled by the Supreme Court to be illegal, before founder Subrata Roy can be released.
Formula One world champion Jenson Button thinks as many as seven teams could be battling it out throughout 2010 for the end-of-season honours.
Force India's Vitantonio Liuzzi will drop five places on the Brazilian Grand Prix starting grid and could start from the pit lane due to an unscheduled gearbox change, his team said on Sunday.
Italian Giancarlo Fisichella is set to drive for the Force India Formula One team this season with compatriot Vitantonio Liuzzi taking the role of tester, sources said on Tuesday.
The Force India Formula One team will limit their involvement in second practice for the Bahrain Grand Prix on Friday and may skip the session altogether for safety reasons, deputy principal Bob Fernley said.
Sahara Force India claimed a historic fourth place finish, their best ever show, in the Formula One Championships this season after Nico Hulkenberg and Sergio Perez finished seventh and eighth respectively at the season-closing Abu Dhabi Grand Prix in Abu Dhabi on Sunday.
Italian Giancarlo Fisichella handed his Force India Formula One team an astonishing first pole position at the Belgian Grand Prix on Saturday. The 36-year-old took his first pole since Malaysia 2006, when he was at then-frontrunners Renault, to put a team that has yet to score a point in 29 races at the front of the starting grid.
The team's new owner Indian billionaire Vijay Mallya said an Indian driver is an option but not an immediate priority.
Mexican Formula One driver Sergio Perez described his Force India team's financial situation as 'critical' on Thursday, and recognised that his own future remained uncertain.
Force India, co-owned by Vijay Mallya, is set to sell a minority stake in the Formula One team to Sahara Group, which also sponsors the national cricket team, a source with knowledge of the deal told Reuters on Wednesday.
The Ferrari-powered car will not do any demonstration laps in the Indian city however with the first test run scheduled for Spain's Barcelona circuit on Feb. 25.
A court warrant in India against billionaire Vijay Mallya over his airline business has no repercussions for his Force India Formula One team, deputy principal Bob Fernley said on Sunday.
Troubled Force India co-owner Vijay Mallya dismissed speculation of a possible sale of his team to Australian David Brabham or Formula One's former commercial supremo Bernie Ecclestone.